Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The Countdown begins...an unexpected blessing!!!!

"Oh my stars, oh my stars, oh my stars" was all I could say when I received a very unexpected phone call this afternoon!!!

 I have learned to recognize the area code of our adoption agency, so when I saw the number, I knew I needed to answer...I didn't even expect what was to come next!!!

 Let me back up. Friday, Sept. 27 we received word that our "Article 5" was issued. I can't even tell you what that is (because I don't really get it...just another formality), but apparently when you get your "article 5" the countdown for the wait for the TA (travel approval) begins. This wait is usually 2-4 weeks and then you can travel after that with the next convenient travel group.

Now, I had heard that TA's were coming quick, but this week (Oct. 1-7) is China's National Holiday and apparently everything shuts down. So I didn't expect our TA to come until at least the week of the 8th.

Well...it came today....Ahhhhhh!!! But, wait...there's even better, more crazy news... Crazier than a 2 day wait for something that was supposed to take 2-4 weeks!!!!

So, we were originally told that we would probably get to go with a travel group leaving Oct. 23, but since the TA's for several families came in,they have decided to move the travel group up a week and we will now be traveling on the 16th...ahhhhhh!!!!

But wait...do you know what that means?????? We leave on the 16th, arrive in Beijing on the 17th (we lose 12 hours), tour on the 18th and 19th, and then get our sweet Ellie Mei on the 20th....HER BIRTHDAY!!!!!

I can't even begin to tell you how ecstatic we are!!! God is good ALL THE TIME and His grace never ceases to amaze us!!!

We have sooooo much to do between now and then, but please be praying for all the preparation!!! Please pray that despite the holiday, we will be able to get an orphanage phone call (done by a 3rd party) in order to get our questions answered about the everyday stuff we will need to know...nap schedule, feeding schedule, likes, dislikes, etc.

Pray that we would continue to trust Him to work out all the little details and that our agency will be able to get great travel deals that will save us money.

We will keep you posted as the time draws near!!! Thanks for your prayers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment