Monday, January 21, 2013

The Prayer Walk

On Saturday, the boys and I were watching a movie about Joseph. When Potipher had Joseph thrown in prison, it showed him being cold and sleeping on the hard ground.

It reminded me of something I had recently read about. In some of the orphanages, the babies cribs do not have mattresses in them, but rather just wood. It is more sanitary that way. I knew that this was a tangible thing the boys and I could pray for.

I began to tell the boys that baby sister may not have a matress or anything soft to sleep on. Jeremy immediately jumped in by saying, "Mommy, you better make sure you pack her a pillow when you go to China!!!"

I assured him I would and then I asked what we could pray for her for. Jeremy said, "that she wouldn't get any splinters!!!" That was something definitely tangible my boys could wrap their minds around. I told them we would pray for that for sure and that we could also pray for comfort and peace as she rests in her crib!!!

We took the walk, and Jeremy took special care in picking out just the right place to stop and pray for her. He settled on the front yard of someones house that had big rocks to sit on right next to the sidewalk, as well as lots of wood chips. He proceeded to give each of us a woodchip to hold in our hands. He said, "let's each hold a wood chip as we pray to think about baby sister and the wood that she might be sleeping on..."

Although we haven't been doing these prayer walks very long, our little boys are blowing my mind away with their thoughts and prayers!!! What a blessing!!! Again, I see why the Lord said, "Let the little children come unto me, and do not forbid them! For such is the Kingdom of heaven."

No comments:

Post a Comment